Welcome to the Anglican Parish of Chatham
Our mission is “To know Christ and make Him known”
St. Paul ‘s Anglican Church, Bushville, is known as the mother church of all Anglicans along the northeast region of New Brunswick . It is the earliest example of a building constructed by a noted Miramichi builder, William Murray circa 1822-1823. The first church services for the Chatham Parish were held at St. Paul ‘s on Christmas Day, 1823 with the Rev. Samuel Bacon as the rector.
Construction of St. Mary’s as a ‘Chapel of Ease’ in the town of Chatham began in 1836. Work was completed in time for the first services on December 31, 1837.
In 1894, St. Mary’s Church was renovated and expanded with Bishop Kingdon dedicating the remodeled church on August 7, 1895.